The Biblioteca degli Alberi is the green heart of Porta Nuova’s skyline. Without fences, it connects Piazza Gae Aulenti, the Isola district, via Melchiorre Gioia, and the green Varesine Promenade. Find out more
The Biblioteca degli Alberi is the green heart of Porta Nuova's skyline. Without fences, it connects Piazza Gae Aulenti, the Isola district, via Melchiorre Gioia, and the green Varesine Promenade. Find out more
- Biblioteca degli Alberi is wheelchair accessible from via G. de Castillia, piazza Gae Aulenti, and the passeggiata Veronelli.
- The tables in the garden picnic area are wheelchair accessible.
- The kids area has also been designed for children with disabilities.
- Garibaldi Station
- Central Station
- 91 - Gioia - Pirelli
- 104 - M. Gioia - "Regione"
- 194 - Borsieri - Confalonieri
- 197 - Garibaldi - Sturzo
- 198 - Garibaldi 2 - Sturzo
- Public Garden Bike Rack de Castillia 28
- Bike rack via de Castillia 26
- Bike rack piazza Gae Aulenti 1
- Bike rack piazza Gae Aulenti 2
- Porta Nuova Varesine Underground Car Park
- Porta Nuova Garibaldi Underground Car Park
A contemporary garden designed as an urban botanical library with rich plant heritage: over 100 botanical species, 500 trees forming 22 circular forests, and 135,000 aromatic plants, hedges, shrubs, bulbs, vines, aquatic plants, and herbaceous plants. To enrich this extraordinary collection, botanical and poetic phrases are arranged on the paths that intersect the park creating a chessboard of green rooms.
Respect the park
- Look, listen, smell them, but please respect the plants and don't step on them.
- The flower and herb rich fields are the ideal habitat for the pollinating insects of our city. Let the plants thrive and respect them, and you'll see an evolving ecosystem.
- The lake is home to a developing aquatic ecosystem. Do not put it at risk by entering it or allowing your dogs to enter. The water is not drinkable!
Respect the park
- Respect the nature around you.
- Keep dogs on a leash.
- Do not camp, set up tents, light fires or barbecues.
- Do not introduce motor vehicles into the park.
- Throw the waste and cigarette butts into the appropriate rubbish bins.
- Only use bicycled and roller skates in the provided bordered paths and at a moderate speed.
- Do not spoil the ornamental green spaces bordered by fences by crossing them.
- Do not carry out travelling commercial activities in the areas of the park.
- Do not use sound broadcasting instruments that may disturb public peace.
- Do not alter the state of the places in the park.
Porta Nuova is one of the largest urban regeneration projects and has profoundly changed the skyline of the city. The area, the centre of a network linking the Garibaldi, Varesine and Isola districts, today is the symbol of contemporary Milan with numerous award-winning buildings, prestigious business centres, green areas, cycle paths, pedestrianised areas, libraries, museums and spaces for cultural and civic functions.
For a lunch break, a coffee in the shade of the skyscrapers, an aperitif at sunset or an exclusive dinner, visit one of the bars or restaurants affiliated with BAM and get an immediate discount with your BAMFRIEND card
Enjoy an afternoon of sporting activities or shopping in the shops around the park and take advantage of discounts reserved for BAMFRIENDS